The festive season kicks off as soon as November arrives. The feelings of joy, giving and excitement take over everyone and it is the best time to explore the events around the city, go out shopping, meet family and friends at parties, and much more.
However, with all the fun things happening around us its is pertinent to remember that crime does not stop for festivities, rather criminals tend to target people who are out enjoying the joyous times during the season. Considering the tough times spent by everyone during the festive period last year, there is a strong chance that more people would want to go out for events and meet family and friends, making them susceptible to crime and dangerous elements.
We try to break down how you can stay safe during different occasions this holiday season while also enjoying the best part of the year.
Shopping is probably the best part of the holiday season. With the sales and discounts around all the items, stores tend to be full, and people want to get their hands on the best deals. Around the excitement and commotion, one tends to forget to keep their valuables and themselves safe. Here are some steps you can take to stay safe:
- Always stay aware of your surroundings when in crowded places. Pickpockets and thieves target people by taking advantage of the crowds.
- Avoid taking large amounts of cash when going out as this would increase the chances of a greater loss, instead use a credit card for making payments as the transactions would be insured.
- If using private transport for traveling, do not keep shopping displayed in the vehicle as this would attract unwanted guests.
- Go shopping with another person rather than going alone so you always have one hand free while carrying your purchases.
- Make sure to keep checking your valuables and keep them separated rather than in one place.
From private bookings to public event activations, there is an event for everyone during the holiday season. But, making sure you are safe is as important as it is to have fun. These are some of the ways you can ensure your safety and that of others while being at events:
- If you are drinking, then please make sure that you do not leave your drinks unattended. Anyone can add things to your drink that can be harmful to you.
- It is important that you recognize the entry and exit points of the venue in case of an emergency.
- Try going to events that have security guards present and report any suspicious activity to them as they are trained to keep you safe.
- Avoid going to events alone as there is always safety in numbers, plus you have more fun!
- Keep minimal valuables on you such as a phone, wallet, and keys so it is easy to keep checking them in a crowded place.
Be it public, private, or on-foot, transport can get challenging during the festive season as the streets (and the underground) is crowded during peak and off-peak hours. Here are a few tips to manage the chaos of travel during the holidays:
- When using public transport, make sure to safeguard your valuables and double-check your space before exiting.
- Try to use a private taxi, Uber, or any such ride-sharing transport to avoid crowded spaces.
- If using private transport, make sure to lock your vehicle and park it in a well-lit space.
- When walking to and from one place to another, always take a well-lit route along with using routes with more traffic.
- One of the most important safety rules during the festive period is to never drink and drive. This ensures your safety and the safety of others.
These are some of the ways one can stay safe from crime and other hazards that might affect you during the festive period. As a security company, it is in our DNA to help spread awareness and make sure everyone remains safe and sound.
At G3 Security, our highly trained security guards, K9 response units, and mobile patrolling services provide a dynamic security cover to safeguard your event, retail, hospitality, construction, and corporate office locations.
To learn more about our services please contact us via the information below
T: 02032880000 / 02032880011
Committed . Responsible . Reliable