Record-breaking heatwave has officially hit most European countries. As temperatures soar to extreme levels, many are flocking to beaches and parks. However, it is still eminent that appropriate precautions are taken to protect yourself in this weather. High exposure to heat can cause exhaustion, dehydration and fatigue.
1. It is imperative that you stay hydrated. Make sure you keep a bottle of water with you, especially if you are outdoors for a long period of time.
2. Keeping cool is a must. Ideally, remaining indoors, around air conditioning or fans is the best option. However, we all cannot go into hibernation, so the best alternative is to make sure you take breaks in any shops or shelters when you are outdoors. For instance, retail stores, coffee shops or libraries may have a cooler environment. So, it’s best to pop in for a bit and take advantage. Other than this, wear sunglasses, have cool baths and showers and eat light foods such as salads and fruits.
3. Be alert – if at any moment you feel unwell with exhaustion or dizziness then you may be experiencing heat exhaustion. If this isn’t taken seriously you may be a victim of heatstroke. Hence it is imperative that you vacate to a cooler place, lie down and take sufficient fluids.
4. Dress appropriately – lightweight, loose, and light-coloured clothing is the best option to help keep your body at a cool temperature.
5. Don’t spend too much time in the sun. It is best to avoid getting sunburnt or putting yourself in risk. Make sure you cool yourself down with wet cloths or sponges.
6. Finally, keep watching or listening to weather predictions to keep on top of weather forecasts and warnings.
As summer has officially begun, more events, festivals and entertainment are taking place all over London. If your event is soon approaching and you are worried about the security management and threats of such a large occasion, then do get in touch with G3 Security Services. Our officers are exceptionally experienced and G3 provide our clients with outstanding customer service. To discuss your requirement further do not hesitate to get in contact with us and speak to a member of our operations team.
T: 02032880000 / 02032880011